My name is Darril Gibson.
Years ago, I set a goal for myself. I decided I wanted to become a full-time author and write books that help others. Since then, I have authored or co-authored more than 40 books and I am very grateful for the emails I regularly receive from readers sharing their successes after reading one of my books. I created this site as a reference for people that want to get certified and get ahead in their career. It started from my original CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead study guide for exam SY0-201 and has grown from there.
If you’re using any of the books that I’ve written or helped others write, I would love to hear from you. I especially enjoy hearing from people that have successfully passed a certification exam after using one of my books. You can send me a message from here.
Darril Gibson Roles
Darril Gibson Certifications
I hold several certifications listed below.
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
You can view my CompTIA transcript here.
The (ISC)2 certifications can be validated here for Darril Gibson (certification number 348210)
- ITIL Foundations v 3.0
To view my full Microsoft transcript look here with the following codes: Transcript ID 660310 Access Code: DarrilGibson
- MCT since 1999
Network and Operating System certifications
- MCITP (Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Administrator, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician)
- MCITP (Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator, Server Administrator)
- MCITP (Windows Vista Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician)
- MCTS (Windows 7, Configuration)
- MCTS (Windows Vista, Configuration)
- MCTS (Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration, Applications Infrastructure, Network Infrastructure)
- MCSE (Security, Windows Server NT 4.0, 2000, 2003)
- MCSA (Security, Messaging, Windows Server 2000, 2003)
- MCSA Messaging (Windows Server 2000, 2003)
- MCTS Active Directory (Windows Server 2008)
- MCTS Network Infrastructure (Windows Server 2008)
- MCTS Applications Infrastructure (Window Server 2008)
- MCDST (Windows XP)
- MCDBA (SQL Server 2000)
- MCTS (SQL Server 2005)
- MCTS (SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance)
- MCITP (Database Administrator)
- MCITP (Database Developer)
- MCSD (Visual Studio 6.0, Microsoft .NET)